Getting older doesn’t have to mean all about having some medical conditions or getting bored in life or sitting in that rocking chair for long periods and reading out the newspaper.
Most of the people start living after the age of 60. Yes, because there are no such work issues, you are free all day long. Will you just waste your days sitting at home watching football or reading news headlines or finally wake up and go out for a brisk walk and meet all the lovely people who are enjoying their autumn with so much happiness?
Here are ten common things listed:
- Eat well: along with physical activity, having a nutrition rich diet in a right quantity can keep you healthy. Many diseases like heart problems, obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes and bone diseases can be prevented in time with a healthy habitat.
- Keep active: plan something or the other every day to keep you fit. Something that you enjoy doing. It will improve your cardiovascular health. Physical fitness helps you getting a better sleep, reduces stress and maintaining weight, avoid falls and feel better, also.
- The heart: You can have a healthy heart with a regular exercise routine and a less oily less spicy healthy diet. The heart walls tend to thicken, and the heart slightly enlarges which lowers the heart rate.
- Bones: Bones become little thinner and fragile in old age, women especially, resulting in osteoporosis. Bone thinning and decrease in the bone mass may be serious if you accidentally fall it will result in breaking the bone. Have a word with your physician on how can you prevent osteoporosis and accidental falls.
- The digestive system: as you start aging, all the body organs also age with you. The digestive tract turns more rigid and firm and doesn’t contract so well. This will lead to problems such as constipation, nausea, stomach ache. A healthy diet helps you fight all kind of digestive problems.
- Your teeth: the hard enamel that protects your teeth from decaying can now slowly start to tear or loosen up giving you cavities. Gum diseases are a common issue to the elderly people. Having a good dental hygiene can prevent a lot of gum problems. Visit your doctor regularly for best results.
- Prevention of the skin: the skin gets thinner and loses its elasticity over a period and wrinkles start coming your way. Bruises and scars take a long time to heal. Protect your skin from ultraviolet rays as it may cause skin cancer. However, the more you took care of your skin from sun damage, smoking, etc. when you were younger, the better your will look when getting older.
- Sex life: After menstruation, when the menstruation stops, a lot of women develop physical changes such as loss of vaginal lubrication and in men, disfunctioning of the male organ. Hopefully, both can be treated if necessary.
- A lot of bodily changes are common and natural part of aging, but that doesn’t mean they will let you slow down on life. You can protect your body and stay healthy only if you want to stay fit.